Sunday 19 December 2010

Life Review - The Forgiveness Chart


DAY 37

'An experiment in conscious dying'  is a discipline in being truly present. Because I know this is just an imaginary experiment, there is a possibility that I may cut corners, and withhold forgiveness in certain areas of my life. In my experience; hyper vigilance  is essential for rooting out troublesome weeds of  fear based thinking.

The original chart was devised  by Ian Patrick and myself  for a workshop called 'The Real Alternative' It was based on the 'Get Real' process used by Duane O'kane in The Awakening Workshop. This chart is extremely useful for healing on the go. However, the 'Life Review' I have undertaken - as part of this experiment, has called for a bit of tinkering.

So, fellow readers, I have.( with a helping hand from beautiful Elloa) concocted a powerful new chart to help take the necessary steps to forgive all my percieved enemies

I really encourage you all to actively use this chart, as part of your own ongoing 'Life Review.'


Okay, here goes...

1. Healing Prayer or intention-

'I commit to taking full responsiblity for the thoughts I am thinking and to seeing myself and my brothers as innocent'

2. Write no-send letters to each of your percieved enemies emptying the mind of all disempowering thoughts (attack, blame judgements, etc.) - Empty the mind, leaving no stone unturned, no matter how murderous or sick it may appear. No one will read this, not even you.

3.Root feeling and just like when.Deep down, what are you feeling and what does this remind you of, in your past? 'Underneath my attack , I am feeling……….…, which reminds me of………….…

4. Ground yourself with 3 deep breaths. Invite The Holy Spirit to help you see this differently. Say slowly and whispered:  'Dear Holy Spirit (substitute your own) ... please help me change my mind so I can remember the truth. Amen.'

5. Limiting beliefs. Write in present tense about your deepest fears and shame. I have been trying to prove that I am……… Then take a deep breath after each one and consider the possibility that you may be mistaken. End each belief with: And I am willing to see this differently.

6. Walk a mile in your percieved enemies shoes. Write from their perspective exploring what may have been happening for them at the time. The intention of this step is to arrive at a place of understanding and compassion. 
7. Explore your shadows -Would you have condemned yourself for having done the same thing? Be specific.

8. Reverse the limiting beliefs in step 5 and gently reaffirm the truth about yourself and other.  Write in present tense.' The Truth about me is ... I AM .. Innocent, strong, loving etc.  Write these new beliefs on a small card and sit quietly, breathe and reaffirm these positive statements of truth. Let each one land.

9. Carry card with you and read throughout the day. Be the change that you seek in the world.

10. Tear up the chart, as a symbol of letting go. 



 'Do this one thing, that everything be given you' - ACIM

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I was searching for this in your blog the other day, but ran out of time once I found it. Looks like somehow you knew that! I can't wait to get started. Thank you again for sharing it here for free.

    ReplyDelete