Monday 8 November 2010

The Forgiveness Chart



DAY 80

A few years ago I co wrote and taught a workshop with Ian Patrick called 'The Real Alternative.' The workshop focused on changing our mind about the world rather than seeking to change the world. The underlying ideas for this exercise came about when a 13 year relationship I was involved in suddenly ended.  As issues surfaced for healing, I experimented with exercises that could be completed alone and came up with the simple idea of healing on the go, anywhere, anytime, anyplace, regardless of the circumstances. Ian and myself  invented this exercise  to help people stay one step ahead of the ego. It is based on the 'Get Real' process used by Duane O'kane in The Awakening workshop. Okay, fellow bloggy bloggers here goes .. 

 1. Healing Prayer or intention-

' I am determined to take full responsibility for the thoughts I am thinking and to see myself and my brothers as innocent.' 


2. Disempowering thoughts (attack, blame judgements, etc.) - Write them out quickly and intensely without reading them. Empty the mind, leaving no stone unturned, no matter how murderous or sick it may appear. No one will read this, not even you.Deep down, I am feeling……….…, which reminds me of………….…

3.Root feeling and just like when - Shadow. Take a moment and feel feelings. Deep down, what are you feeling and what does this remind you of, in your past?

4. Limiting beliefs - Hell. Write in present tense about your deepest fears and shame. I have been trying to prove that I am……… End with: These are beliefs I have invented and they are not true.

5. Ground yourself with 3 deep breaths. Invite the Holy Spirit to help you see this differently. Say slowly and whispered: Dear Holy Spirit, show me the light at the centre of my brothers. Show me the light at the centre of myself. Where I see guilt, show me innocence. I have been mistaken. Help me to see this differently. Amen. Deep breath.

6. New beliefs - Positive statements of truth - Heaven. Write in present tense. Write new beliefs on a card and sit quietly, breathe and reaffirm these statements of truth. Let each land. I am.…. …just the way I am The truth about me is…… etc. (Highest truths.) Tear up the chart.

7. Carry card with you and read throughout the day.

 

'The mind is very powerful, and never loses its creative force. It never sleeps. Every instant it is creating. It is hard to recognise that thought and belief combine into a power surge that can literally move mountains. There are no idle thoughts. All thinking produces form at some level.' ACIM 


DAY 79


Today, whilst working at the café I said to one of my co-workers that I thought the young girl in the farm shop was a cutie. My work colleagues started to ridicule me, calling me a pervert. Then, they played a joke;  the girls Father visited  the café to warn me to stay away from his daughter. I feel uttterly humiliated.

Time to write a  forgiveness chart...


Intention

I am determined to take full responsibility for the thoughts I am thinking and to see myself and my brothers as innocent

Disempowering thoughts

F**K YOU  for calling me a pervert you stupid f**KING B**TARDS! If  you ever speak to me like that again and I will F**KING KILL YOU!

Root feeling and just like when

Deep down I am feeling sad.. which reminds me of a time in my past when kids ridiculed and bullied me at school just because I  had one testicle.

Limiting beliefs

I am trying to prove that..

I am guilty
I am worthless
I am powerless
I am unlovable
I am helpless

These are all beliefs I have invented and they are untrue.
Dear Holy Spirit, show me the light at the centre of my brothers. Show me the light at the centre of myself. Where I see guilt, show me innocence. I have been mistaken. Help me to see this differently. Amen.

New beliefs - Positive statements of truth

I AM INNOCENT

I AM SAFE AND LOVED

I AM EQUAL WITH ALL MY BROTHERS

I AM PEACEFUL

I AM LOVE


Forgiveness lets me know that minds are joined











4 comments:

  1. thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thankyou for sharing the love. We feel it. And we send it right back to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh, Mr. Nige, this was so poingnant, and the example just brought it home. I love how you want to go so deep into what isn't clear within you, and release it out of the fabric of your being. Thank you for sharing this chart.

    Sending love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing this, Nige--what a great tool for unraveling/cutting through bullshit and getting to the root.

    I so appreciate all that you share.

    Sending you love.

    ReplyDelete